IRCTC Portal is the central portal that is used to book the railway tickets online in India. Even if you wish to use the Third Party Websites in India, you would still need to have an account on IRCTC portal to book a train ticket via Third Part Portals. The only way you can book a ticket without having an account on IRCTC portal is by visiting the Counter of the Railways Stations, Filling up the Physical Form and Purchasing the Ticket in Physical form. This is certainly highly inconvenient and it is also very much time-consuming.
Another fact about purchasing a counter ticket is that you would not be able to check the availability and you will not be able to search for the alternatives immediately. To deal with this, it is better to create an Online Account on IRCTC Next Gen Portal so that you also have your IRCTC Login Credentials to book the tickets. In this article, we have listed the process to Sign Up on IRCTC Next Generation Portal which will make it really easy for you to avail various services. Let us now look at the process to register on IRCTC Portal.
Process to Register on IRCTC Next Generation Portal.
- Since you are creating an account on IRCTC, you will need to visit the IRCTC portal. The link for the portal is irctc.co.in and this is the only official IRCTC portal in India.
- On the portal, you need to find the Register Button which will let you create a new account. This button is placed on top of the page just below the address bar. The Login Button is just adjoining the Register Button. Click on this Register button to begin the process of creating an account.
- Fill the details in the registration form and create a username for yourself. Note that the username should be unique and your mobile number should not be used with IRCTC in any of the old accounts. Also, set a password as per the given criteria and enter all other mandatory details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page after entering the details, read the terms and conditions and check the box corresponding to it. Enter the Captcha Code in the designated area and submit the form.
- Now, login to the IRCTC Account using the credentials that you just created. The page will prompt you to verify the mobile number and email Id to proceed. This validation can be done via OTP and you will receive a set of OTP on your mobile as well as email address. Enter both the OTP to complete the registration and book the ticket online.
Once the last step is complete, you will be able to use your login ID and Password to book tickets. You can also go ahead and download IRCTC Rail Connect App on your android device and use the same User ID and Password to book the tickets on the mobile app. If you are already having an account but if you are not able to recall the password then you can simply reset the password and this will eliminate the need of creating a new account.