You would have used digital wallets from many companies. Some of the popular digital wallets include Paytm, MobiKwik and wallets from the bank. Are you aware of the fact that IRCTC also has a eWallet? The feature has been enhanced by multiple folds after the release of IRCTC Next Gen Portal. As per the trends, a lot of people are using IRCTC eWallet to make the payment of their ticket since the launch of IRCTC Next Generation Portal. In this article, we have listed the features of the eWallet along with the process to register for the eWallet.
Features of IRCTC eWallet
Here are the features of IRCTC eWallet
- If you have registered for the eWallet and if you have money in eWallet then you can book ticket very easily as you can skip the step of going to the third party payment portal to process the payment. It can be said that eWallet makes the ticket booking quick.
- You do not have to worry about the security if you are using eWallet as you receive a Transaction Code on your mobile phone whenever you choose to make the payment via eWallet. This way, your money stays secure in eWallet.
- It usually takes 5 days for the refunds to be processed but eWallet makes this quick. You get refunds with 1 single day if you have registered for the eWallet service.
Steps to register for eWallet
Here is the process to register for eWallet
- To register for eWallet, you need to first visit irctc.co.in and on the website, you need to log in with help of your IRCTC Login Credentials. Only after this, you will be able to use or register for eWallet.
- In the next step, simply click on IRCTC eWallet and a drop-down menu will be displayed. Now, click on the button for IRCTC eWallet Registration. You will now be redirected to the verification page for eWallet.
- This is the last step of the process and in this process, you can verify your identity via PAN Number or Aadhaar Number. This is an important step and you will not be able to use eWallet without the validation. Post validation, the eWallet will be activated.
To make the payment via eWallet, you just need to click on the relevant option on the payment page and you will receive a transaction password. Once you enter the transaction password, the payment will be made. Let us now look at some FAQs related to IRCTC eWallet
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any Charges to register for eWallet?
Yes, there are certain registration charges that are levied by IRCTC when you register for the eWallet. These registration charges are Rs 50 + the applicable taxes. This is a one-time charge that you need to pay to IRCTC.
What is the Minimum Recharge Amount and what is the Maximum Amount I can Store in eWallet?
There is also a limit to the minimum amount and the maximum amount of recharge in IRCTC Wallet. Talking about the minimum amount, you need to recharge your wallet with at least Rs 100. In cases of the maximum amount, the amount is capped at Rs 10,000.
Do I Still Have to Pay Transaction Charges to IRCTC?
The transaction Charges or the Service Charges are charged only when you book a ticket. These charges are capped at Rs 10 + the applicable taxes. This is much lower than what you pay on the Credit Cards and other mode of payments.
Can I Transfer the Money Back to Bank Account?
This is probably a drawback of the IRCTC eWallet that it is not possible to withdraw money and transfer it back to the bank. The reason why this feature has not been enabled for IRCTC eWallet is to avoid misuse of IRCTC eWallet.
So, we hope that we have answered all your queries about eWallet and if you still have doubt then you can visit the links listed below to check more information about eWallet. If you still do not find the answer to your question then you can get in touch with IRCTC helpline by calling them at 139.
About IRCTC eWallet – http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/AboutEwallet.pdf
eWallet User Guide – http://contents.irctc.co.in/en/EwalletUserGuide.pdf